My family loves mashed potatoes and gravy for dinner! They would love to have it at least once a week if they could. The recipe I have for you today makes it easy enough that you could have it once a week if you wanted to.
This recipe for hamburger gravy with mashed potatoes is like having salisbury steak but, without having to make and form patties. Instead you chop up the beef and brown it in a skillet. Then you have it with the gravy but, it has the flavor that you would expect from salisbury steak with gravy and mashed potatoes.
Of course, my family loved this one. Now I feel like I can make this just about anytime my family is asking for a mashed potatoes and gravy for dinner. I love that this hamburger gravy with mashed potatoes is full and flavor. Plus, it’s a cinch to make.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tsp Montreal steak seasoning
- 4 cups water
- 5 tsp Better Than Bouillon or bouillon granules
- 2 pkgs brown gravy mix
- 4 Tbsp cornstarch
- Hot mashed potatoes for serving (I would cook 5 lbs for this recipe)
- In a skillet, add ground beef with steak seasoning and cook while breaking up.
- Meanwhile in a bowl, whisk water, bouillon, gravy mix and cornstarch together. Once beef is fully cook and drained of any excess grease, add in the gravy mixture. Bring to a boil and then allow to simmer for about 5 minutes or until thickened. If too thick, you can always this with a little water.
- Serve over hot mashed potatoes. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from A Bear in the Kitchen.