Now that Christmas is over, and I have settled into the new year, I can work on a goal of mine that I have set for 2018. That goal is to use my instant pot more often, once a week if possible.
So one of the things that I had heard an instant pot is good for is mashed potatoes. I have made regular mashed potatoes in it, but decided to try a more flavorful version that can be served without gravy.
Garlic and rosemary are an awesome combination. They were wonderful in these potatoes. It was just enough to give flavor to the potatoes. Now my husband did say he would like more garlic for next time. However, my oldest son and I thought these instant pot garlic and rosemary mashed potatoes were perfect the way they are.
- 5–6 large russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 sprig rosemary, removed from the stem and minced
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- Add potatoes, chicken broth, garlic, and rosemary in the instant pot.
- On manual, set for 15 minutes. Do a manual release of pressure.
- Add in the butter and mash. Use milk as needed to make the desired consistency. Season with salt to taste. Serves 5-6.
Recipe adapted from Adventures of a Nurse.