I love a good chicken tortilla soup. I love this new instant pot version of chicken tortilla soup. It tastes delicious, is 0 Weight Watchers Points, and cooks for 30 minutes once the Instant Pot comes to pressure.
This soup is so easy to put together. You just add some frozen corn, onion, beans, and a can of Ro*tel to the pot. Next, you’ll need some chicken, seasonings, broth and crushed tomatoes. It’s that easy.
To serve you and crushed tortilla chips or tortilla strips. Now this soup is 0 points with out the tortillas. If you add in the tortillas or any other toppings, you’ll need to account for them. I’m good with a little shredded cheese and sour cream. It I had cilantro and lime, I would add those too.
- 1 diced onion
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 (16 oz) can black beans
- 1 (16 oz) can Rotel with chills (I use Mild)
- 2 large chicken breasts (2 pounds)
- 1 (14 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 diced onion
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- tortilla chips
- desired toppings such as sour cream, shredded cheese, chopped cilantro, diced green onion, dice avocado, squeeze of lime, dash of hot sauce
- Add onion, corn, beans, and Ro*tel into the insert of the instant pot.
- Add in the chicken followed by the seasonings, broth, and crushed tomatoes.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and make sure valve is turned to seal. Cook on manual for 30 minutes.
- Do a manual quick release. Remove and shred the chicken. Add the chicken back to the pot.
- Serve toped with tortilla strips and desired toppings.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Mexican
Recipe adapted from Adventures of a Nurse.