I love the ease of a meal cooked all on one sheet pan in the oven. The sheet pan meal I have for you today is chicken and broccoli.
Sheet pan meals make clean up easy. There is only one pan to wash. It’s even easier to wash if you line the pan with foil or parchment too.
Vegetables always taste amazing after roasting in the oven. It brings out their natural sweetness. Pair it with a protein and you have a complete meal. Chicken and broccoli is a classic combination. So of course that pair would make a great sheet pan meal.
- 4 (6 oz) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tsp minced fresh parsley and lemon slices, for garnish (optional)
- 5 cups broccoli crowns, chopped into bite size florets (about 1 1/4 lbs)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp grated parmesan
- Pound chicken breast with the flat side of a meat mallet to even out their thickness.
- In a gallon size ziploc bag add 3 Tbsp oil, lemon juice, garlic, Italian seasoning and season with salt pepper. Close and mix well.
- Add the chicken to the bag. Seal it while removing excess air. Rub marinade around the chicken after sealing bag. Place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes (or up to 4 hours).
- Bake at425 degrees until each chicken breast registers 165 degrees in center and broccoli is tender and nicely browned in spots, about 16 – 22 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle broccoli with parmesan then sprinkle chicken with parsley if desired and garnish with lemon slices if desired. Serves 4
Recipe adapted from Cooking Classy.