I am really having fun using my Instant Pot. I’m so glad I finally took the plunge and started using it. Granted, there are some things that I don’t think are worth making in it but this Instant Pot Cheesy Broccoli Soup recipe is not one of them.
This cheesy broccoli soup comes together so fast! I love how easy it is to make. Now, we don’t have a Panera yet in Utah. However, some say this recipe is better than Panera’s cheesy broccoli soup. Since I haven’t tried it at Panera, I can’t say whether the claim is true or not.
Life is even easier with this soup if you buy the broccoli already in florets. Same thing with the carrots, I buy them in a bag already cut into matchsticks. I even use pre-shredded cheese. If you do all of this, the hardest part of this Instant Pot Cheesy Broccoli Soup recipe is dicing the onion!
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 cup minced onion
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 1/2 cups matchstick carrots
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- To the Instant pot, add the chicken broth, onion, broccoli, carrots, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Set to manual for 2 minutes. Allow a natural pressure release for 3 minutes then manually release the remaining pressure.
- Remove lid and stir in the heavy cream. Turn on to saute and heat until it almost begins to simmer. Turn the Instant Pot to off. Stir in the cheese. Ten mix the cornstarch and water together. Slowly stir it to the soup until thickened. Serves 4.
Recipe adapted from Cooking with Karli.