Today, I have taken my favorite barbecue chicken recipe that I make in the slow cooker and converted it to an Instant Pot version. This Instant Pot BBQ Chicken is even make with chicken breasts straight from the freezer.
It uses all of the ingredients that my regular recipe includes bbq sauce, Italian dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Everything that helps produce a flavorful shredded chicken.
Once the chicken finishes it’s 15 minutes of cook time in the Instant Pot, you remove it and shred it. Mix the chicken with bbq sauce and some of the cooking liquid and you are ready to eat.
You can serve this on rolls, toasted buns, or any other base you like to enjoy your chicken on. I even like to use it in a quesadilla.
- 3–4 large frozen chicken breasts
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups BBQ sauce, divided
- ½ cup Italian dressing
- ⅛ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Place the chicken breasts in the Instant Pot.
- In a bowl, combine the water, 1 cup BBQ sauce, Italian dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour mixtuer over the chicken.
- Secure the lid on and make sure to the steam valve is closed.
- Press the MANUAL button and set the time to 15 minutes.
- When done, open the steam valve for a quick release.
- Unlock the lid and remove the chicken. Shred the chicken and add to a bowl with the remaining 1 cup of BBQ sauce. Add in some of the cooking liquid in with the chicken and sauce and stir to combine. Add enough lquid to get the consistency of wetness you want with your chicken.
- Serve chicken on toasted buns. Serves 8-10.