This is another great crock pot recipe. I adapted this slow cooker barbecue chicken from a recipe I found on allrecipes.com . This is so easy and so tasty. I used Bull’s-Eye Hickory Smoke barbecue sauce, but any sauce you have will do.
- 4–6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (I used 4 large breast that were partially frozen)
- 1 (18 oz.) bottle of barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Place chicken in crock pot.
- In a bowl mix 2/3 of the bottle of barbecue sauce, Italian Salad dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook for 3 to 4 hours on high or 6 to 8 hours on low. (I cook on low) Remove chicken from crock pot. Pour juices from crock pot into a large bowl. Shred chicken and place back in crock pot. Add remaining 1/3 of bottle barbecue sauce to chicken an d mix.
- Then add some of the liquid removed from the crock pot to make the chicken the wetness that you like it. Makes at least 8 sandwiches.
This is the original photo from this post. The above photo was updated in July 2014.