This is another great crock pot recipe. I adapted this slow cooker barbecue chicken from a recipe I found on allrecipes.com . This is so easy and so tasty. I used Bull’s-Eye Hickory Smoke barbecue sauce, but any sauce you have will do.
This recipe begins with placing the chicken breasts in your slow cooker. Then pour a mixture of barbecue sauce, Italian dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce over the chicken. Next, cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
Once the chicken cooks, you shred it and then mix in some more barbecue sauce. You can also mix in some of the cooking liquid until it reaches the consistency you want. Serve this flavorful meat on buns. This is a family favorite meal and one we enjoy often. I also use this meat to make my barbecue chicken rice bowls too. They are another essential family meal.
- BONELESS CHICKEN BREAST HALVES (I USED 4 LARGE BREAST THAT WERE PARTIALLY FROZEN)
- BARBECUE SAUCE
- PREPARED ITALIAN SALAD DRESSING
- BROWN SUGAR
- WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE
Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken
Real Mom Kitchen
- 4-6 skinless boneless chicken breast halves (I used 4 large breast that were partially frozen)
- 1 18 oz. bottle of barbecue sauce
- ½ cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Place chicken in crock pot.
- In a bowl mix 2/3 of the bottle of barbecue sauce, Italian Salad dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook for 3 to 4 hours on high or 6 to 8 hours on low. (I cook on low) Remove chicken from crock pot. Pour juices from crock pot into a large bowl. Shred chicken and place back in crock pot. Add remaining 1/3 of bottle barbecue sauce to chicken an d mix.
- Then add some of the liquid removed from the crock pot to make the chicken the wetness that you like it. Makes at least 8 sandwiches.
This is the original photo from this post. The above photo was updated in July 2014.