This post contains affiliate links.
This is another great crock pot recipe. I adapted this slow cooker barbecue chicken from a recipe I found on allrecipes.com . This is so easy and so tasty. I used Bull’s-Eye Hickory Smoke barbecue sauce, but any sauce you have will do.
This recipe begins with placing the chicken breasts in your slow cooker. Then pour a mixture of barbecue sauce, Italian dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce over the chicken. Next, cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
Once the chicken cooks, you shred it and then mix in some more barbecue sauce. You can also mix in some of the cooking liquid until it reaches the consistency you want. Serve this flavorful meat on buns. This is a family favorite meal and one we enjoy often. I also use this meat to make my barbecue chicken rice bowls too. They are another essential family meal.
- BONELESS CHICKEN BREAST HALVES (I USED 4 LARGE BREAST THAT WERE PARTIALLY FROZEN)
- BARBECUE SAUCE
- PREPARED ITALIAN SALAD DRESSING
- BROWN SUGAR
- WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE
Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken
- 4–6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (I used 4 large breast that were partially frozen)
- 1 (18 oz.) bottle of barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup prepared Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Place chicken in crock pot.
- In a bowl mix 2/3 of the bottle of barbecue sauce, Italian Salad dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook for 3 to 4 hours on high or 6 to 8 hours on low. (I cook on low) Remove chicken from crock pot. Pour juices from crock pot into a large bowl. Shred chicken and place back in crock pot. Add remaining 1/3 of bottle barbecue sauce to chicken an d mix.
- Then add some of the liquid removed from the crock pot to make the chicken the wetness that you like it. Makes at least 8 sandwiches.
This is the original photo from this post. The above photo was updated in July 2014.
[…] 1 recipe of slow cooker bbq chicken […]
X just realized I’m out of the worchestshire sauce! Do you think omitting it would make a huge difference???
[…] Slow Cooker Barbecue Chicken […]
[…] Then the fries get topped with some bbq chicken. You can get the pre-made stuff from the store or make your own. Then they get even better with layers of cheese, tomatoes, red onion and dill pickle! These babies […]
My daughter-in-law made this for my grandson’s second birthday. It was so amazing, I couldn’t stop thinking about it. I’m so glad she gave me your site where she found the recipe. I am cooking it tonight. It was really delicious. She served it on Hawaiian Sweet rolls…Yum!
Okay this is so hilarious, I just found this recipe on allrecipe last week and made it and will be posting it next thursday haha. Great minds think alike :-D. I served mine on rice though!
I’m new to your site and can’t wait to give this a try. Thanks!
YUMMY! Thanks for the simple recipe! Others make you add this and that when all I wanted was to just add bbq sauce to chicken! Just wasn’t sure if it was raw/frozen or cooked chicken for the slow cooker. :o)
Yummm… This sounds sooo good!!! I just wanted to say “hi”!!! I love your blog. We tend to cook the same things and I’ve also noticed we view some of the same sites. Kind of neat to find in another fellow blogger!!! Hope you don’t mind, but I’ve added you to my fav list!!!
Your bbq chicken looks great! I love the italian dressing in it. I bet it gives it a zing! I will definitely try this.
This picture looks awesome! And the bread it’s on looks perfect.
Wow, BBQ Sauce and Italian dressing, this recipe sounds very creative! I will definitely add it to my list! Looks Yum-e!