Did you know that you should have been enjoying dessert all throughout October? No? Well, now you know because October is National Dessert Month!
I am sharing a recipe to use as part of your cerebration! This Hot Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies recipe is one of the finalists in 2014 Pillsbury Bake Off. It was entered by Sarah Meuser of New Milford, Connecticut. I think it looks and sounds amazing.
Come November 3, the 100 finalists will touch down at the Omni Nashville Hotel to compete for the iconic $1 million Grand Prize in the 47th Pillsbury Bake-Off® Contest. Also, I will be attending to share all of the fun with all of you. I am not competing, but have been given the invitation to see the contest up-close and share it with you. I will be sharing though my social media channels while at the event. Then I will put together a post to go up here when I get back.
I was able to go to the last Bake Off that was held in Las Vegas. It was an amazing experience. The energy there is so incredible it’s like it is tangible. I got goosebumps at the beginning of the competition and even a little teary eyed.
I can’t wait to see all of the entrees and awesome people who are competing! At the event, I even got to sample many of the entries last time.
If you want to see even more yummy entries to this years competition, you can check these out too!
- Bacon-Peanut Butter Chocolate Fries – This sweet treat combines bacon, special peanut butter and chocolate.
- Hummingbird Macaroons – These tropical sugar cookies with pineapple, bananas, coconut and nuts are a great dessert anytime.
- Chocolate-Peanut Butter-Bacon Tartlets –Chocolate, peanut butter and bacon are used in these flavorsome tartlets.
- Toffee and Almond Fudge Cookie Cups – These candy cookies are a perfect addition to any dessert tray.
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie “Ice Cream” Sandwiches – Gluten-free treats like these are the perfect sweet stash for your freezer.
- Chocolate Hazelnut-Toffee Bread Pudding with Candied Bacon – This dessert features candied bacon and sweet cinnamon rolls drenched in a gooey sauce.
Hot Chocolate Marshmallow Cookies
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 roll Pillsbury™ refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 1 cup Jif® Chocolate Flavored Hazelnut Spread
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened baking cocoa
- ¾ tsp Watkins™ Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Watkins™ Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 6 large marshmallows cut in half
- Heat oven to 350°F. Let cookie dough stand at room temperature 10 minutes to soften. Line 2 large cookie sheets with Reynolds® Parchment Paper.
- In large bowl, break up cookie dough. Add hazelnut spread, cocoa, chili powder and cinnamon. Beat with electric mixer on low speed about 2 minutes or until well blended.
- Shape dough into 12 (2-inch) balls. Flatten each ball into 3-inch round. Shape 1 cookie dough round around 1 marshmallow half, covering completely. Repeat with remaining dough rounds and marshmallows. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until surface of cookie appears cracked and marshmallow shows through. Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool 5 minutes. Serve warm. Store tightly covered.