I love a little guacamole on my enchiladas. So if it is good on top of enchiladas, wouldn’t it be good on the inside too? Today’s recipe is just that, enchiladas made with guacamole inside them. These enchiladas are full of flavor! They are filled with guac, tomatoes, green chilies, green onion, cilantro, and chicken. Top them off with some red sauce and cheese and you are set.
I made these using store bought guacamole that I picked up from Costco just to make life easier, but you can always use homemade if you prefer. You can also kick up the heat if you like with hotter tomatoes and enchilada sauce. For my family, mild is as hot as we go.Print
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 (10 oz) can mild tomatoes with green chilies (like Ro*Tel), drained
- 4 green onions, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup prepared guacamole (I use Wholly Guacamole)
- 12 (6 inch) corn tortillas
- 2 (10 oz) cans mild red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, canned tomatoes with chilies, green onion, cilantro, and guacamole.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave to make them pliable.
- Fill tortillas with the chicken mixture and place seam side down in the prepared 9 x 13 inch dish.
- Pour enchilada sauce over the filled tortillas. Then sprinkle evenly with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until cheese is fully melted. Makes 6 servings.
Recipe adapted from Mommy Hates Cooking.