Today we are going greek with ground beef. Yep, you heard me right! This is a recipe for a greek ground beef gyros.
Most of the time a gyro is made with thin slices of meat, usually lamb. I have made them before using grilled chicken. However, today I thought why not use ground beef instead.
You also need to make sure you also have some tzatziki sauce. Now, this can be found now already made at the store or you can make your own with this recipe. It really is quite easy to make! Opa!
Ground Beef Gyros
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 ½ tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- warmed pita bread
- tzatziki sauce
- shredded lettuce I used baby greens
- diced tomatoes
- crumbled feta cheese
- In a skillet, brown beef with the onion until the beef is fully cooked.
- Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant. Drain of any excess grease from the beef.
- Now mix in the oregano, salt and pepper.
- Serve meat in warm pita bread along with tzatziki sauce, lettuce, tomato, and feta.
Recipe adapted from Neighborfood.