Veggie trays are a must for any summer gathering and I have a new onion vegetable dip recipe for you to include with your next tray. There is something about a creamy flavorful dip pair with fresh crunchy vegetables.
This dip is full of onion flavor and is also nice and thick. This is a simple to make dip too. It’s as easy as mixing 3 things into some sour cream. I like to use light sour cream to reduce the calories. Then you mix in some dried minced onion, dried parsley, and Bon APPÉTIT or Beau Monde seasoned salt. It’s that easy. Just be sure to give it some time in the refrigerator though. You want it in there for at least 1 hour. It helps those flavors marry together.
Be sure to give this onion vegetable dip a try with a veggie tray for your next gathering. It’s a great way to enjoy all of those fresh vegetables.
Here are some great veggies to serve it with:
- baby carrots
- grape or cherry tomatoes
- cucumber slices or spears
- snap peas
- pepper slices
- celery sticks
- LIGHT SOUR CREAM
- DRIED MINCED ONION
- DRIED PARSLEY
- BON APPÉTIT OR BEAU MONDE SEASONED SALT
- ASSORTED FRESH VEGETABLES
Onion Vegetable Dip
Real Mom Kitchen
- 2 cups light sour cream
- 3 Tbsp dried minced onion
- 3 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp bon appétit or beau monde seasoned salt
- assorted fresh vegetables
- In a bowl, blend together the sour cream, died onion, dried parley, and bon appétit.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with vegetables. Makes 2 cups.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.