This a is quick and different ways to enjoy S’mores. They all begin with a shortcake cup, which I haven’t been a huge fan of, but it works good in this recipe. You really can’t loose when you are brushing a cake with melted butter. I used both a chocolate and vanilla cake, I preferred the chocolate. Or if you are lucky enough to have one of these pans from Wilton you can make your own cakes. The other fun part, these are made on the grill!
- 6 pre-made dessert shortcake shells, vanilla or chocolate
- 1/2 stick butter, melted (1/4 cup)
- 1(1.55 oz) Hershey’s Milk Chocolate bar, broken into 12 pieces
- 1 1/2 graham cracker sheets, broken into 6 pieces total
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- chocolate sauce, optional
- Preheat the grill to medium heat.
- Get two 12- inch pieces of aluminum foil and brush the center with some of the melted butter.
- Then brush all sides of the shortcakes with butter and place 3 cakes on each 12-inch square of aluminum foil . Place two of the 12 pieces of chocolate into the well of each shortcake shell.
- Crushed a piece of graham cracker over each cake. Top each with mini marshmallows.
- Place the prepared foil sheets topped with the cakes on the grill . Close the cover and cook until the marshmallows are browned and toasted, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the grill, place on a plate and drizzle with the chocolate sauce.
Recipe adapted from Sandra Lee.