I love to grill kabobs. I usually make them with chicken or beef. However, this time I thought it would be fun to do them with ham. The good thing about these grilled ham and pineapple kabobs is the ham is fully cooked. So basically you are just using the grill to warm the ingredients rather than cook them.
I normally only think of pineapple and ham as a pizza topping. This was a fun change for grilling and the family really enjoyed them.
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1 Tbsp prepared mustard
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1 1/2 lbs. fully cooked ham, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces, optional
- 8–10 wooden skewers, soaked in water for at least 30 minutes
- In a small bowl, mix marmalade, mustard, and cloves.
- Alternately thread ham, pineapple and green pepper on soaked skewers.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on rack to coat lightly. Grill kabobs, uncovered, over low heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-7 minutes or until heated through, turning and basting frequently with half of marmalade sauce. Serve with remaining sauce.
- Serves 4-5.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.