I think flank steak is once of those steaks that doesn’t get enough love, especially during grilling season. It’s easy to grill like with this grilled flank steak recipe and one steak will feed four.
The key to grilling flank steak is to soak it in an awesome marinade and to make sure when you serve it, you slice it against the grain. These two things will give you an amazing steak each time, tender and full of flavor.
Now that it’s September, I’ve gotta get in as much grilling as I can, because in Utah you just never know when the snow is gonna fly. I love grilling in the fall even more than the summer. In the fall, it’s much cooler while you are out there at the grill.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 clove of crushed garlic
- 1 lb. flank steak
- In a gallon sized ziploc bag, combine all of the above ingredients, except the steak. Once it is all combined in the bag, ad the steak and seal.
- Place in the fridge for 4-24 hours rotating it every few hours or so.
- Grill on a oiled grilled over medium heat for 6-9 minutes per side until desired doneness (for medium rare – 145 degrees, for medium – 160 degrees, and well done 170 degrees) Keep in mind you want to pull it off the grill 5-10 degrees before desired doneness. The meat will cook a little more while it rests.
- Allow steak to rest for 5 minutes. Slice thinly across the grain. Serves 4
Recipe adapted from Lisa G Cooks.