Why settle for a normal old hot dog when you could have grilled bbq dogs? We decided to have hot dogs for dinner one night and I decided to dress them up buy slathering them with bbq sauce and giving them a topping of coleslaw and dill pickle. The results were fabulous and a fun way to change up a regular grilled hot dog. These grilled bbq dogs are messy but tasty!
- COLESLAW MIX
- HONEY DIJON MUSTARD
- 8 HOT DOGS (I USE BUN LENGTH)
- BBQ SAUCE (JUST USE YOUR FAVORITE)
- DILL PICKLE SPEARS
- HOT DOG BUNS
Grilled BBQ Dogs
Real Mom Kitchen
- ½ of a 16 oz bag of coleslaw mix
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- ½ Tbsp honey Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- 8 hot dogs I use bun length
- ½ cup bbq sauce just use your favorite
- 8 dill pickle spears
- 8 hot dog buns
- additional bbq sauce if desired
- Preheat your grill. In the meantime, mix together the coleslaw mix, mayonnaise, sugar, mustard, and honey. Set aside.
- Grill your hot dogs and baste with the bbq sauce. You can also grill you buns too if you want some extra crispiness.
- Once grilled, place the hot dogs in the buns. Top with additional bbq sauce if desired followed by coleslaw and a dill pickle spear. These dogs are messy but delicious.
Recipe inspired by Blog Chef.