Why settle for a normal old hot dog when you could have a bbq dog? We decided to have hot dogs for dinner one night and I decided to dress them up buy slathering them with bbq sauce and giving them a topping of coleslaw and dill pickle. The results were fabulous and a fun way to change up a regular grilled hot dog. Theses are messy but tasty!
Grilled BBQ Dogs
- 1/2 of a (16 oz) bag of coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon honey Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 8 hot dogs (I use bun length)
- 1/2 cup bbq sauce (just use your favorite)
- 8 dill pickle spears
- 8 hot dog buns
- additional bbq sauce, if desired
- Preheat your grill. In the meantime, mix together the coleslaw mix, mayonnaise, sugar, mustard, and honey. Set aside.
- Grill your hot dogs and baste with the bbq sauce. You can also grill you buns too if you want some extra crispiness.
- Once grilled, place the hot dogs in the buns. Top with additional bbq sauce if desired followed by coleslaw and a dill pickle spear. These dogs are messy but delicious.
Recipe inspired by Blog Chef.