A little bit ago I had the idea to make a green fruit salad for St. Patrick’s Day, all made with green fruit. I settled on a combination that included green grapes, Granny Smith apples, and kiwis for my green fruit salad. This would be great to serve along side your St. Patty’s Day Meal or it would be a fun way to start your day for breakfast.
I recommended serving it with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream or a spoonful of my Shockingly Simple Fruit Dip. It just gives that fresh fruit a little extra special something! However, you could use whatever you want to serve it with – yogurt, cool whip, or my recipe for Key Lime Pie Dip if you want to stick with the green theme.
I am heading off to Wisconsin today and will be gone for a couple of days. So, I will try to update what I am doing on Twitter and Facebook while I am away. I will of course let you know about all the fun sometime after I get back. Let’s hope for no flight delays on this trip.
- GREEN GRAPES
- GRANNY SMITH APPLES
- SWEETENED WHIPPED CREAM OR SHOCKINGLY SIMPLE FRUIT DIP
- 2–3 cups green grapes
- 2 kiwi, diced into 1/2 chunks
- 2 Granny Smith apples, diced into 1/2 inch chunks
- sweetened whipped cream or Shockingly Simple Fruit Dip
- In a large bow, toss the fruit together. Serve salad with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream or Shockingly Simple Fruit dip on top or each serving. Serves 6.