Summer is the perfect time for to enjoy slushies. Most of the time, if you want a slush, you have to make it and freeze it hours. Now, you can totally do that with these frozen pineapple banana cups. Or you can speed up the process and have it ready to enjoy in about 20 minutes using your ice cream maker. I know, what a great idea, huh? Plus, it really does work.
These Frozen Pineapple Banana Cups were another treat my family just loved. It was simple, it was slushy, it was tasty, and it was fruity. What a better way to cool of on the back patio than with one of these! If I had some fresh pineapple when I made these, I would have added a wedge of that on the glass.
- LARGE RIPE BANANAS
- CANNED CRUSHED PINEAPPLE
- CANNED FROZEN ORANGE JUICE CONCENTRATE
- 3 cups water
- 4 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (20-oz) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/2 of a 12 oz. can frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- Quick method: Combine all of the ingredients in 2 qt bowl. Pour mixture into your ice cream maker. Turn the machine on and let mix for 20-25 minutes. I used my 1 1/2 qt Cuisinart ice cream maker and need to do 2 batches. It was a little over flowing at the end but not to the point of spilling over.
- Regular method: In large airtight freezer container, combine all of the ingredients and mix well. Cover and freeze for at least 5 hours or overnight. Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving.