I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! Today’s #EggoWaffleOff recipe includes ice cream. Waffles and ice cream is a winning combination. So I took the traditional fried ice cream and gave it an Eggo Waffle twist. Instead of breading and frying the ice cream, you bread and fry an Eggo and top it with ice cream. Just another way to enjoy Eggos for something over than breakfast.
Remember you can enter your very own recipe in the Eggo “Great Waffle Off!” contest by visiting the Eggo Waffle Facebook page. You could be the winner of $5,000! And you can also enter to win my giveaway too from Eggo, if you haven’t already. Also be sure to enter the giveaway on my site from Eggo too!
- 1 1/2 cup crushed Frosted Flakes Cereal
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 thawed Eggo Homestyle or Buttermilk Waffles
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 4 scoops Bryers natural vanilla ice cream
- chocolate syrup
- sweetened shipped cream
- 4 maraschino cherries
- In a shallow bowl, combine the crushed Frosted Flakes, coconut, and cinnamon.
- In a shallow dish, beat together the eggs and milk until blended.
- Place 1/2 Tbsp of butter un a hot frying pan. Dip a waffle into the egg mixture followed by the Frosted Flake mixture, breading the waffle. You will need to help press the cereal mixture into the waffles. It doesn’t like to go into the waffles pockets on it’s own.
- Fry the coated waffle in the frying pan until both sides are golden over medium-low heat. Too high of heat will burn the coating due to the “frosted” sugar coating. Set aside on a plate.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 with the remaining waffles.
- Once all of the waffles are cooked, serve each one topped with a scoop of ice cream, a drizzle of chocolate syrup allong with some whipped cream and a cherry. Serves 4.
Real Mom Kitchen original recipe.
Disclosure: I was provided the tools to make this recipe along with compensation from Eggo. As always, my opinions are my own.