One of my favorite ways to eat waffles is with fruit on them. Today’s #EggoWaffleOff recipe is a easy cassserole style version. I love how it turned out. You get a tender custard layer on the bottom with a crispy top loaded with juicy blueberries and crunchy almonds. I always love how blueberries ‘pop” in your mouth. Top it all off with a little syrup and you are set.
Now, I called this recipe Blueberry and Almond Eggo Waffle Bake, but would love to hear if any of you have another idea to name this wonderful recipe. Leave a comment on this post of your idea. I would love to hear it.
Be sure to enter your very own recipe in the Eggo “Great Waffle Off!” contest by visiting the Eggo Waffle Facebook page. You could be the winner of $5,000! I also have a giveaway on my site from Eggo too that is about to end. If you haven’t entered yet, be sure you do. Tomorrow I will share my very last recipe with you all.
- 10 Eggo Homestyle or Buttermilk Waffles, thawed and cut in half
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 8 x 11 inch baking dish, arrange half of the Eggo waffle halves in the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle with half of the blueberries.
- Arrange another layer using the remaining waffle pieces and sprinkle with remaining blueberries.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cream, and sugar until well blended. Pour mixture evenly over the waffle layers. Top with the sliced almonds and bake for 25 minutes or until the custard portion in the bottom of the dish is set.
- Cut into 6 squares and serve with maple syrup. Serves 6.
Real Mom Kitchen original recipe.
Disclosure: I was provided the tools to make this recipe along with compensation from Eggo. As always, my opinions are my own.