So are you having fun with my #EggoWaffleOff week? I must say I did have a good time creating the recipes. Today’s is a very simple but oh so tasty recipe. These Eggo Churro Wafflers were my family’s favorite of all the recipes I created. I thought it would be great to make a churro out of the waffles, but not just any waffles. I used the Eggo brown sugar cinnamon roll wafflers.
These work about perfectly! They are nice and crisp on the outside with a soft and chewy inside. They really do taste just like a Churro. So now you can make your own at home any time you want them. I also added a simple chocolate dipping sauce that makes this even better. My kids have had them as a snack with out the dipping sauce and for dessert with the dipping sauce. If you are a Churro fan then you must try these.
You can enter your very own recipe like these Eggo Churro Wafflers in the Eggo “Great Waffle Off!” contest by visiting the Eggo Waffle Facebook page. You could be the winner of $5,000! Also be sure to enter the giveaway on my site from Eggo too!Print
- 4 Eggo Brown Sugar Cinnamon Roll Wafflers (there are 2 pieces per Waffler), cooked according to pkg directions
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
- In a bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a microwave save bowl, combine the chocolate chips and whipping cream. Microwave for 20 seconds and stir. Then microwave for 10 second intervals, stirring after each one, until chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Separate each of the wafflers into the two sections. Place one on a plate and brush one side with melted butter, then sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture over it with a spoon.
- Pick up the waffler and hold over the bowl of cinnamon and sugar and invert to remove any excess cinnamon and sugar. Brush other side with melted butter and repeat the process. Do this until all the waffler pieces are coated with cinnamon and sugar.
- Serve with the chocolate sauce for dipping. Makes 8 “churros”.
Real Mom Kitchen original recipe.
Disclosure: I was provided the tools to make this recipe along with compensation from Eggo. As always, my opinions are my own.