This post may contain affiliate links.
You can now have homemade garlic bread anytime you need it with the freezer recipe I have for you all today.
Now just pull out your own garlic bread right from the freezer for whatever meal you may be making. I love to get my french bread from Sam’s Club, which gives you 2 loaves. However, I don’t always get to both loaves before they go bad. That is not the case anymore.
Just slice your loaf of french bread and spread with the garlic butter. Place the slices on a baking sheet and place in the freezer to flash freeze for 15 minutes. Then place the slices in freezer bags and place back in the freezer until you are ready to use. They will keep for up to 3 months.
Just pull the slices straight from the freezer when you need them and bake for 8-12 minutes. I love that this spread uses both butter and olive oil. It gives the bread flavor and some extra crunch.
Freezer Garlic Bread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 loaf of french bread sliced into 1 inch slices
- In a bowl, combine the butter, oil, garlic, salt, and parsley until well combined.
- Spread about 1/2 Tbsp over each slice of bread and place the slices on a baking sheet.
- Place slices in the freezer for 15 minutes. Then transfer slices to a freezer bag and place back in the freezer for up to 3 month.
- To prepare: Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the desired about of slices on a baking sheet for 8-12 minutes, 8 minutes is more on the soft side and 12 minutes is crunchy. My family likes theirs cooked for 8 minutes, I like 10 minutes.
Recipes adapted from Budget Bytes.
I usually make pasta on hurried/unplanned/quick sub-in meal days and always wish I had garlic bread to go with it. This is perfect!