My mom has a great stew recipe that I love. I have shared it in my cookbook and it is a family favorite. I have yet to find a recipe that I like as much as hers. However, this 5 Ingredient Slow Cooker Stew is close! It is good and also so easy. This stew is flavorful and the beef is amazingly tender.
I am a Canbassador for Cans Get You Cooking and this is a perfect “Cantry” recipe. Two of the 5 ingredients are canned soups! I love to keep a well stocked “Cantry” to make recipes. I like to keep canned soups, tomatoes, beans, fruit, and vegetables on hand. It makes it so easy as a busy mom to get dinner on the table and this five ingredient slow cooker stew is a cinch!
- FROZEN STEW VEGETABLES (LIKE WITH CARROTS, POTATOES, ONIONS, AND CELERY)
- BEEF STEW MEAT
- CREAM OF MUSHROOM SOUP
- CONDENSED TOMATO SOUP
- DRY ONION SOUP MIX
- 2 (16 oz) pkg frozen stew vegetables (like with carrots, potatoes, onions, and celery)
- 1 1/2 lbs. beef stew meat, cubed
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) condensed tomato soup
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- Place vegetables in the bottom of a slow cooker. Top with stew meat.
- In a bowl, combine the condensed soups and dry soup mix. Pour over stew meat.
- Cover slow cook and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Serves 5.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.