Anytime I am invited to a dinner party, I look at it as a great opportunity. It’s a great opportunity to try a recipe that I want to try, but know that MY family would never eat. Lat night my friend had a party for her husband who just graduated with his masters degree. So I took this opportunity to make a recipe for Fiesta Chicken Pasta Salad (minus the chicken) that I saw on The Sister’s Cafe from Erin.
I had several compliments at the party on the salad, so it was definitely a success. I was quick and easy to. It would be a great main dish salad with the chicken, but it turned out to be a great side dish by leaving the chicken out. I was different from your run of the mill Italian pasta salad. I loved the southwestern twist. You could even make it with just regular rontini and I think it would be just as good.
- 1 pkg Hidden Valley Fiesta Ranch dip mix
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup vinegar
- 1 lb cooked, shredded chicken (about 1 ½ to 2 breasts, but I left this out)
- 3/4 box garden rotini (I used an entire 12 oz box), cooked according to pkg directions
- 1 (14.5 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can black olives, halved
- 2 –3 tomatoes, chopped
- Frozen corn, thawed (I used 2/3 of a 16 oz. pkg)
- Mix dressing mix, oil, and vinegar in small bowl and set aside.
- Combine chicken, cooked pasta, beans, olives, and tomatoes in large bowl. Add dressing and frozen corn about 20 minutes before serving.
- Be sure to toss again just before serving, as the dressing will seep to the bottom.