One of my all time favorite dishes is Fettuccine Alfredo at the Olive Garden restaurant. I wanted to find a recipe for it that I could make at home. This is the closest thing I have found.
The recipe was on a local television show, Good Things Utah, a couple of years ago. I adapted the recipe slightly to make the sauce closer to what I wanted. I prefer to add some mushroom sautéed in butter, however, no one else in my family likes mushrooms. Sometimes, I add mushrooms to my portion only.
You could also add chicken to this also. I never have, because I figure I’m blowing my calories for the day already without the addition of the chicken.
Real Mom Kitchen
- ⅓ cup butter
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 ⅔ cup whipping cream
- ⅓ cup skim milk
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 10 oz. fettuccine cooked
- sautéed mushrooms if desired
- In sauce pan, melt butter. Then add flour and mix until smooth.
- Mix in cream, milk, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Bring to boil and then simmer until sauce is decreased by half and thickened.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese until melted. Pour sauce over cooked fettuccine and toss. Toss in mushrooms if desired. Serves 5.