You are gonna love this 4 ingredient easy tomato basil soup. It all begins with a can of tomato soup! This couldn’t be easier.
Then, with just a couple of the right ingredients, you can make a regular canned tomato soup amazing! This tomato basil soup will make a great lunch or dinner. Instead of using water, you use half milk and half cream. I usually make my soup with milk. However, by using cream it makes that soup even more rich and creamy.
The addition of dried basil amps up the flavor too. You can use as little or as much as you like. I mean, if you happen to have some fresh basil in the house, by all means, you can use that. Fresh tends to make things taste even better.
I highly recommend making the recipe I have for Italian grilled cheese to accompany this soup. It is a tasty twist on the traditional grilled cheese. Plus, it just pairs perfectly flavor wise with this jazzed up version of canned soup. I personally like dunking it in the soup to eat.
- CANNED CONDENSED TOMATO SOUP
- WHIPPING CREAM
- DRIED BASIL
Easy Tomato Basil Soup
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 10 3/4 oz can condensed tomato soup
- ½ can whipping cream use the can from the soup to measure this
- ½ can milk use the can from the soup to measure this
- dried basil to taste
- Combine the soup, cream, and milk in a sauce pan.
- Add in enough basil to your liking. I just add and mix until it looks like there is enough mixed in the soup, probably a couple of tsp.
- Cook of medium heat while stirring until heated through and serve. Serves 2-3.