Baked potatoes are a great side, but they can get old when you have them too much. These easy scored potatoes are just as easy to make and are a nice change.
You wash and clean some potatoes and cut them in half. Then you take each potatoes halves and score them into sections. You want to leave the potatoes still connected at the bottom of each slice. You can set a chopstick on each side of the potato. This will help prevent from cutting the potato all the way through. You want to be extra careful and the ends because the chopstick may not prevent you from cutting to far as thee ends can be high and not touch the chopsticks.
Once they are scored, you place them on a baking sheet lined with foil. This makes for easy clean up. Then you will brush all of the potatoes with some butter. This will add flavor and make the seasonings stick to them. Now you sprinkle the seasonings and parsley over the potatoes. Next, they bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. After they are cooked, I dab them with some more butter and serve.
- LARGE BAKING POTATOES
- FRESH PARSLEY OR DRIED PARSLEY
- SALT AND PEPPER
- 4 large baking potatoes, washed
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted, divided
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1 Tbsp minced fresh parsley or 1 tsp dried parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- With a sharp knife, cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Slice each half widthwise 6 times, but not all the way through. Place a chopstick on each side of the potato and help keep you from cutting all the way through. Fan potatoes slightly.
- Place on a baking sheet lined. Brush potatoes with 1 tablespoon of the melted butter. Sprinkle each potato with some of the paprika, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes or until tender. Drizzle or dab with remaining melted butter.
This recipe is adapted from Taste of Home.