I love roasting vegetables in the oven. It gives them such great flavor and texture. My family especially loves it when I roast potatoes to serve along side whatever meat I may be serving for dinner.
Well, today’s recipe includes the meat with the potatoes. It all gets roasted together. This uses smoked sausage which just adds to the flavor. This easy roasted potatoes and smoked sausage is so delicious! Just add a salad and dinner is served!
Only 7 ingredients to make this and if you line your baking sheet well, you should only have 1 bowl to wash. Or you can try and toss it all on the baking sheet for no dishes. I found the bowl just works better. This is a new family favorite at our house. I have made it a few times.
You could also mix up the type of sausage and seasonings used. There are so many tasty sausages now with all kinds of gourmet flavors. If you try a different combination that turns out well, leave a comment! I’d love to hear from you.
Easy Roasted Potatoes and Smoked Sausage
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 16 oz pkg smoke sausage, sliced into rounds
- 1 diced onion
- 6 russet potatoes peel and diced into 1 inch cubes
- 2 or so Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp or so sweet paprika
- 2 tsp or so thyme
- 1 cup or so grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl, add the smoked sausage, onion and potatoes. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat. You just want it all to have a light coating. Use more oil if needed.
- Then season with the paprika, thyme, salt, and pepper. Toss to evenly distribute the seasonings. You can add more at this point if you think you needed it.
- Pour out onto the foil line baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees and bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove and turn off oven. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and place back in the oven, just until cheese is melted. Serves 5-6.
Recipe adapted from Key Ingredient.