This coming Monday is National Pumpkin Day, so I decided to celebrate with a pumpkin recipe each day leading up to the national celebration. We are starting with an easy pumpkin bread.
I love to do a pumpkin week each year. It such a terrific seasonal flavor. I don’t like pumpkin pie, but I do love just about anything else pumpkin.
To begin the weeks worth of recipes, I have an easy one bowl pumpkin bread recipe. I have shared other pumpkin bread recipes, but they usually involve something else like chocolate chips, nutella, or cranberries. This recipe is just your basic pumpkin bread.
The great thing about quick bread recipes are they are usually foolproof. Anyone can make them and they will turn out great. I do love to eat a slice of this bread with some butter spread over the top! Delicious!
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups flour (you can even us whole wheat flour here)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a regular loaf pan (or you can use 2 smaller loaf pans)
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, pumpkin, eggs, and brown sugar until blended.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 (25 for smaller loaves) minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Makes 1 loaf.
Recipe adapted from the Lean Green Bean.