Looking to cool off? Then you have come to the right place. This week on RMK is frozen treat week. I will be sharing chilly temptations to help you beat the summer heat. First up is a easy peach frozen yogurt that is ready in under 5 minutes.
The process used to make is is just like what was used to make the crazy chunky monkey ice cream that I shared several summers ago. If you didn’t use that recipe I am sure you have seen that process floating around the web – you use frozen banana and a food processor.
This only takes 4 ingredients including frozen peaches. Of course there is yogurt along with a little lemon juice and agave nectar. You could use honey in place of agave, but I have found agave is a much better choice when making frozen things. The honey tends to clump once it hits the coldness where the agave stays smooth and blends in perfectly!
- 1 (1 lb.) bag of frozen peach slices
- 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 3 Tbsp or so of agave nectar
- Place all of the ingredients in a 9 cup or larger food processor. Pulse for a minute to help break up the peaches and then process for 4 minutes until smooth. If needed add a little more agave to achieve the desired sweetness. This will all depend on the natural sweetness that the peaches have.
- Serve immediately or place in an air tight container and freeze for up to one month.
Recipe adapted from Just a Taste.