I have a super easy dish for you today. Absolutely no cooking is needed! That’s right! You can use this quick honey ginger shrimp as a main dish or as an appetizer. Either way it is delicious.
This recipe all begins with full cooked shrimp from the freezer section of the store. This is what makes this a no cook dish, because you begin with shrimp that is already cooked!
Then with the addition of a few other key ingredients, you end up with this amazing quick shrimp! You will make a simple marinade with honey, lemon juice, lemon zest, fresh ginger, salt and pepper. Just let the shrimp chill in the fridge with the marinade until ready to serve.
Then if you want to get all fancy, you can serve the shrimp over lemon wedges just like in the picture. However, that isn’t necessary. That’s just for looks. You can just lay them out on a platter and serve that way.
- FROZEN FULLY COOKED SHRIMP
- LEMON ZEST
- FRESH GINGER
- LEMON JUICE
- SALT AND PEPPER
- LEMON WEDGES, OPTIONAL FOR SERVING
Easy Honey Ginger Shrimp
- 8 oz of 31/40 count frozen fully cooked shrimp, thawed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon wedges, optional for serving
- In a large bowl, add the shrimp, honey, lemon zest, ginger, and lemon juice. Season will salt and pepper as desired and stir until well combined.
- Keep chilled until ready to serve. Serve over lemon wedges if desired. Serves 2-4 as a main dish or 8-12 as an appetizer.
Recipe adapted from Chicken of the Sea.
[…] Quick Honey Ginger Shrimp […]