School is back in session and I have a recipe for easy chicken and black bean wraps. They could be used for a school or picnic lunch or even a quick dinner.
It is a variation on the usual chicken salad, a Mexican variation to be exact. Shredded chicken gets mix with green onion, black beans, salsa, sour cream, cumin, and chili powder. Are you hearing the mariachi band yet?
Next, the chicken mixture gets a topping of shredded cheese and then you wrap it into a tortilla! You could use a regular flour tortilla to wrap them in, but I use some fun green tortillas. The kids will never know they have spinach in them, they will just think the green color is fun! I love to sneak in extra nutrition when I can.
This recipe for easy chicken and black bean wraps is ready in less than 30 minutes. This is perfect for those busy football, soccer, or dance class nights. Just have the chicken mixture sitting in the fridge ready to go. Then when dinner rolls around, just add the chicken to the tortilla and sprinkle with cheese. Then you are ready to ROLL! Dinner is now served.Print
Easy Chicken and Black Bean Wraps
- 1 (15 oz) can Bush’s Black Beans, drained
- 2 cups cooked and shredded chicken (I used half of a rotisserie chicken)
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup green onion
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 4 burrito sized tortillas
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- In a bowl, combine beans, chicken, salsa, sour cream, green onion, chili powder, cumin, and lime juice.
- Place about 1/2 cup mixture in the center of each tortilla.
- Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese on top of the chicken mixture on each tortilla. Roll up burrito style and cut in half to serve. Serves 4.
Recipe adapted from Bush’s Easy Chicken and Black Bean Burritos.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. I am a brand ambassador for Bush’s Bean. My opinions are my own.