Today’s easy apple crumble recipe only takes 5 ingredients to make. It is so easy, there is no excuse not to make it. If you want an apple treat without a lot of work, then this is it. I do like to serve it with some vanilla ice cream, so that makes it 6 ingredients.
This recipe is similar to the cherries jubilee recipe I recently shared. However, it is made in the oven instead of the slow cooker. It also have a few extra ingredients to add to the yummy apples!
Easy Apple Crumble
Real Mom Kitchen
- 2 21 oz cans apple pie filling
- 1 18.25 oz pkg. vanilla cake mix
- ½ cup butter cut into 1/2 Tbsp slices
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9 x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray. Add both cans of pie filling to the dish and spread out so that it evenly covers the bottom of the dish.
- Spread dry cake mix in an evenly layer over the pie filling, then place slices of butter over the cake mix.
- In a bowl, mix together the oat and brown sugar. Then sprinkle over the cake.
- Bake at 350 degrees until bubbly and golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly. Serve warm and with vanilla ice cream if desired.