It’s is apple week this week here at RMK! Fall is my most favorite season and I love the flavors of the season too. So I have all apple recipes lined up for this week starting with these apple pie egg rolls. Then, I have a pumpkin week planned for October.
This recipe takes the flavors of apple pie and incorporates them into an egg roll. They are filled with a tasty apple filling and rolled in cinnamon sugar. Then, I topped them with caramel dip (I like caramel dip because it is thicker) and served with a scoop of ice cream! So delish and so easy!
- 3 cups diced and peeled apples (I used gala)
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tsp flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- Cinnamon Sugar:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- For serving:
- Caramel apple dip or caramel sauce
- vanilla ice cream
- Heat a pot of vegetable oil to cook the egg rolls in. You want the oil at 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the apples, 3 Tbsp sugar, 1 Tbsp brown sugar, flour, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, and lemon juice.
- Place 2 Tbsp of the filling in the center of each wonton wrapper. Fold 1 corner to the center tucking in the filling followed by 2 sides. Use a dab of water to wipe around the edges of the last corner and roll up. Make sure the wrapper is well secured so none of the filling will leak out.
- In another bowl, mix together the ingredients for the cinnamon sugar. Set aside.
- Fry egg rolls in oil for 4-5 minutes until brown and crisp.
- Place on a plate lined with paper towels to drain for a minute. Then roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Top with caramel apple dip and serve with ice cream. Serves 6.
Recipe adapted from Spend with Pennies.