Today’s recipe for apple pie snickerdoodle bars combines apple pie the the ever popular snickerdoodle cookie. Plus, only 6 ingredients are needed to make it. This is a great one to make with the kids.
A snickerdoodle cookie is the perfect companion for apple since it gets along so well with cinnamon! This was another baking success and hit with the family.
- 1 (1 lb 5 oz) pkg Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 (21 oz) can apple pie filling
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease a 9 x 9 inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sugar cookie mix with the melted butter and egg. Stir until thick a dough forms.
- Take 3/4 cup of the dough and set aside.
- Press the remaining dough into a greased 9×9 square baking pan.
- In a bowl combine the sugar and cinnamon together. Sprinkle 2/3 over the dough pressed in the pan.
- Spread the pie filling over the sugar cookie dough in baking dish.
- Break up remaining 3/4 cup dough that was set aside into small chunks and sprinkle over top of apple pie filling. Then sprinkle the remaining 1/3 of the cinnamon sugar mixture over the chunks of cookie dough.
- Bake at 375 for 20-30 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Cool before slicing and serving. Makes 9-12 bars.
Recipe is a Real Mom Kitchen original.