At my house, tacos could make an appearance on my dinner menu at least once a week. Everyone is happy when we have them, but the old standard recipe can get boring. So, I am always trying to make changes to the standard just to mix it up. Tomorrow, I will be sharing my top 5 ways to mix up taco night for my fab five post. Be sure to some back and check them out.
For today though, I have a brand new taco twist for you. This is a copy cat version of a Taco Bell crunch wraps. I have never had one of Taco Bell’s crunch wraps but loved the idea, so we gave them a try and loved them. It is basically a taco wrapped up a fun new way with the addition crunchy corn chip thrown in there but then you grill it to get the flour tortilla a little brown and crispy.
What a hit! My youngest said, “Mom they’re a hexagon!” in between her bites while devouring her wrap. I gave myself a pat on the back for reinforcing my daughters learning while eating dinner.Print
- 1 lb ground beef prepared with 1 pkg of taco seasoning according to pkg directions (for my family I only use have a pkg or I hear – “It’s too spicy”)
- 4–5 burrito sized tortillas, warmed
- sour cream
- tomatoes, pico de gallo, or salsa
- shredded cheddar cheese or nacho cheese sauce (apparently that is what taco bell uses)
- tortilla chips, slightly crushed (we used Fritos)
- shredded lettuce
- Spread a small circle of sour cream in the center of each tortilla.
- Divide beef between tortillas placing in the center of each.
- Then top each wrap with tomatoes, cheese, crushed tortilla chips and lettuce.
- To fold, pull the bottom of the tortilla to the center and continue around the entire tortilla. There will be a small opening in the center and you will have a hexagon shape.
- Place each wrap in a skillet over medium heat with the open side down.
- Grill for about a minute on each side until browned.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: Mexican
Recipe adapted from Full Bellies Make Happy Kids.