Valentine’s is tomorrow. So, I decided to post this creamy mushroom chicken recipe because it would be perfect for a nice meal at home with your loved ones. I can look very impressive but is quite simple to make. My husband commented on how deliciously most this chicken was. The sauce was creamy yet flavorful. I served it over pasta but you could always do rice or couscous instead.
I also wanted to apologize today for the limited access to my site this last week. We moved my site to the new server and all was well. Then my husband was fixing some settings on my cache plug in to optimize the site. When he did this it made the site crash. since then we have been trying to get it working correctly. We haven’t been able to get the cache plug in to work at all now.
I have put a call in for some help and hope it will be fixed this week. For now, the site can only tolerate so much traffic so you maybe able to access the site one time but then not another time due to traffic. Early morning and late evening the site is easier to access because of less traffic. Thanks for bearing with me during this time of growth. Growth is good but requires change and change doesn’t come so easy.
- 4 or 5 slices bacon
- 4 chicken breasts
- salt & pepper
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 large onion, diced
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cans (10 3/4 oz) cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2/3 cup Monterrey jack cheese
- 8 oz spaghetti, fettuccine (what I used) or linguine
- parsley, optional for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon. Place bacon on a paper towel lined pate to drain and set aside. Leave bacon drippings in the pan.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Add butter to the pan and cook chicken breast until brown on both sides. Remove from the pan and place in a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Add the onion to the pan and cook for 1 minute. Then add the mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms and onion are tender.
- Add the soup, chicken broth and cheese. Heat until the cheese is melted.
- Spoon the sauce over the chicken in the 9 x 13 dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- While the chicken bakes, cook the pasta.
- Crumble reserved bacon.
- Serve chicken on top of the cooked pasta with sauce and sprinkle with crumbled bacon and parsley if desired..
Recipe adapted from Kayotic Kitchen.