This simple chicken dish is delish. Chicken swimming in a rich creamy garlic sauce topped with bacon and fresh tomatoes. Need I say more? This really is restaurant quality. The recipe calls for 4 chicken breast but I used 5 for my family.
- 4 slices of bacon
- 4 boneless chicken breast
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup diced onion
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 4.6 oz container garlic and herb spreadable cheese (like Alouette)
- 2 large Roma tomatoes, diced
- cooked spaghetti or rice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet until crisp. Remove and set aside.
- Remove all but 2 tablespoon of bacon grease from skillet. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and cook in bacon grease until browned. Remove and place chicken in a 9 x13 inch baking dish.
- Melt butter to sauce pan and whisk in flour. Add in diced onions and mushrooms. Whisk and cook about 1 minute.
- Stir in broth and cheese spread. Continue to stir until smooth. Pour over chicken.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve chicken over cooked pasta or rice with sauce. Top with crumbled cooked bacon and diced tomatoes. Serves 4.
Recipe adapted from Lemon for Lulu.