Corn tortillas are my favorite. I love the flavor you get from them. These cream cheese chicken tacos are made with corn tortillas and baked until crispy.
The filling is nice and thick. Cooked chicken is mixed with cream cheese, galic, green onion, cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper. Then the tortillas are warmed in a skillet with a little oil. So, when you bake them in the oven those oiled tortillas get nice and crispy.
After baking you caould add in some toppings. Shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes whould be a nice addition. However, these are gereat just as is straight from the oven.
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cup shredded rotisserie chicken or leftover roast/baked chicken
- 1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 medium corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat a skillet with about a tablespoon of oil. Fry tortillas, 1 at a time over medium heat until just very lightly browned. Repeat with all tortillas, using more oil as needed. Set a plate between paper towels to drain.
- In a bowl, blend the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the shredded chicken, garlic, green onion, and cheddar cheese to the cream cheese and mix until blended.
- Divide the chicken mixture evenly between each shell and fold in half. Place the taco shells in a baking dish. Bake for about 10 minutes turning half way through the baking. Makes 10 tacos.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: Mexican
This recipe is adapted from Just a Pinch.