Cake is a classic dessert with so many possibilities! You can add any flavor that you may want just like with this cranberry pound cake. Then it the cake has frosting you can flavor that so many ways to.
Well, today is #nationalcakeday and to celebrate this versatile dessert I have a new cake recipe for you along with 19 others include some from the other #celerbratingfoodholidays bloggers. We have had our fill of pie from Thanksgiving so bring on the cake!
Pound cake is a super dense but tender cake and I have a cranberry version for you. A pound cake is called a pound cake because it is usually made with a pound of butter. This cranberry pound cake is actually only made with a half pound of butter along with an 8 oz pkg of cream cheese.
Fresh cranberries get folded into the batter along with lemon zest and lemon juice. Next time I think I will try using orange juice and zest in place of the lemon. I love the combination of orange with cranberry.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups fresh cranberries, tossed with 1 tablespoon flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan.
- in a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese together with a mixer until combined.
- Add the sugar and beat for 3 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add lemon juice and zest, almond extract, vanilla, and salt. Mix well.
- Add in half the cake flour and mix. Add in the remaining flour and mix.
- Fold the cranberries into the batter and then pour into the prepared bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes, until the cake has browned and a skewer inserted in the center comes out with only moist crumbs attached.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes and remove from pan. Cool completely. Serves 12.
Recipe adapted from Let’s Dish.
Celebrating Food Bloggers Cake Recipes (all pictured above)
Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cake from Ashlee Marie
Gingerbread Spice Cake from Life Made Simple
Fudgy Grasshopper Cake from Creations by Kara
Lemon Curd Cupcakes from The Baker Upstairs
Vegan Ginger Spiced Pear Cake from Namely Marly
Cinnamon Roll Coffee Cake from Foodie with Family
Instant Pot Peanut But Cup Cheesecake from 365 Days of Slow Cooking
Best Chocolate Cake with Coconut Buttercream from Gather for Bread
More Cake Recipes from Real Mom Kitchen
Perfect Chocolate Cake
Cinnamon Crumb Cake
Carrot Sheet Cake
Maple Glazed Pumpkin Coffee Cake
Apple Spice Cake
Banana Bread Bundt
Coconut Lime Sheet Cake
Chocolate Peppermint Twist Cupcakes
White Texas Sheet Cake
Chocolate Oreo Cream Cake