If you are a peanut butter and chocolate fan or a cheesecake fan, you’re gonna love today’s recipe. I found Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie this on The Pioneer Woman. This recipe is simple, easy, and delicious. I must warn you it is quite rich. I would recommend cutting your pie into at least 8 pieces.
Now I topped this recipe with a drizzle of chocolate syrup to help balance out the peanut butter flavor. I also added a little whipped cream this time I cheated and used the stuff in the can. I even purchased an Oreo crust instead of making it from scratch. This was simple to make and oh so tasty. It was like a fabulous chocolate peanut butter cheesecake. I would also recommend giving it plenty of time it the fridge. It was even better when it had been in there a while.
- CREAMY PEANUT BUTTER
- CREAM CHEESE
- POWDERED SUGAR
- COOL WHIP
- CHOCOLATE SYRUP
- WHIPPED CREAM
I opted for a store bought Oreo crust but you can make your own. Either way, you’re gonna love it.
- 25 Oreos
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 (8-ounce) package softened cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) package Cool Whip, thawed
- My additions: chocolate syrup and whipped cream
- Crush the Oreos until they’re fine crumbs. Pour melted butter over the top and stir with a fork to combine. Press into pie pan and bake at 350 degrees for 5 to 7 minutes, or until set.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- For the filling – Beat the peanut butter with the cream cheese until smooth. Add powdered sugar and beat until smooth. Add in the thawed Cool Whip and beat mixture until smooth, scraping the sides as needed.
- Pour filling into crust, evening out the top with a knife or spatula. Chill for at least an hour before serving. (It’s better the longer it sits in the fridge). Then I topped mine with a drizzle of chocolate syrup and a little whipped cream.