The pie I have today for you includes a creamy sour cream filling topped with a simple homemade blueberry topping. I made it with a regular pie crust but a graham cracker crust would also work week for this one.
The blueberry topping can be made with fresh or frozen blueberries, so even when blueberries are out of season you can still make this pie.
I also have a turkey giveaway from Butterball for today for 3 lucky readers! I have 3 $20 gift certificates and one of them just may be yours. Be sure to see the Rafflecopter widget after the recipe to enter.
I rely on Butterball when for my Thanksgiving turkey. They always turn out great and I don’t have to do anything to it. By all means you can if you want to, but a little salt and pepper is all you really need.
I also know that Target has put them all sale the past few years for .99 a pound, which is such an awesome price per pound for any protein.
The other great thing is Butterball is always there to help you with your Thanksgiving needs and with more than the traditional Turkey talk line that I have actually used before. Technology and social media have just expanded the ways that you can get help!
- Text Help at 844-877-3456: Send the Turkey Talk-Line a text! Holiday cooking text help will be available starting Nov. 1, with extended hours starting the week of Thanksgiving.
- Facebook and Twitter: Help is available through the Butterball Facebook and Twitter pages with tips, special savings and more.
- Pinterest: Find Thanksgiving recipe inspiration for your holiday celebration on the Butterball Pinterest page.
- Instagram: Follow Butterball on Instagram to get a behind-the-scenes look, recipe development for our Thanksgiving meal and more.
- Live Chats: Engage with turkey experts through Live Chats on Butterball.com during November and December and receive real-time suggestions and advice.
- Butterball App: Download the free Butterball Cookbook Plus™ app on your Apple or Android device to get recipe ideas and cooking advice at your fingertips.
- Email: Contact the Talk-Line via email by visiting Butterball.com.
- 1-800-BUTTERBALL (1-800-288-8372): Turkey Talk-Line experts will be available this season starting November 1, 2017, through December 24, 2017, to answer questions and assist all Thanksgiving cook.
See there is the help out there for anything you may need as you prepare and cook for this Thanksgiving.
- 1 9 inch prepared pastry crust or graham cracker crust
- 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 (8 oz) container Cool Whip
- dash salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 10 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 3 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- dash salt
- 1/2 t vanilla
- 1 T butter
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla and beat in until blended.
- Add the sour cream, cool whip and dash of salt. Fold until well combined, and spread into the prepared pie crust. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a medium sized sauce pan, whisk the cornstarch and sugar together. Add the water and lemon juice and blend until smooth.
- Stir in the blueberries and cook on medium heat. If you are using frozen blueberries, microwave for a couple minutes so they aren’t ice cold when you add them to the sauce pan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. It should thicken up after a couple of minutes. You want it to be the consistency of canned pie filling.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the dash salt, vanilla and butter. Set aside to cool.
- When the blueberry topping is cooled to room temperature spread it over the top of the pie. You may not need all of the filling to top the pie. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. Serves 6-8.