This week I decided to focus the recipes I am sharing on flavors of the season, which ended up being more specifically egg nog and gingerbread. First up is an easy eggnog pie.
You can impress your guests with a beautiful seasonal flavored pie that really requires little work. This pie has just the right amount of eggnog flavor and is deliciously creamy paired with a crisp graham cracker crust.
Now I am not a fan of drinking eggnog, but I love the flavor. This pie is more of the way I love to enjoy eggnog.
- 1 (3.4 oz) pkg vanilla instant pudding
- 1 & 1/4 cups cold eggnog
- 1/3 cold cup milk
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened for at least an hour at room temperature
- 3 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 prepared graham cracker pie crust
- In a bowl combine pudding mix with eggnog, milk and nutmeg. Beat with an electric mixer for two minutes.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese with the powdered sugar and vanilla until soft and creamy. Transfer mixture to a small bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl you just beat the cream cheese in, add the whipping cream and beat just until soft peaks form.
- Add the cream cheese mixture in by distributing it in thirds around the mixing bowl. Beat together until stiff peaks are formed.
- Fold in one cup of the whipping cream mixture into the pudding until combined and spoon into the pie crust. Decorate with remaining whipped cream mixture.
- Refrigerate at least three hours and serve. Serves 6-8.
Recipe adapted from Love from the Oven.