This chocolate chip cranberry muffins recipe came about through Costco. A couple a years ago I was shopping there. I was looking over in there bakery area. I found some muffins there that were cranberry orange chocolate chip muffins. So, I had to buy them. Let me just tell you they were FABULOUS! It had the tang from the orange, the tart from the cranberries, and sweetness from the chocolate. I was in muffin heaven. I don’t think I’ve ever had a muffin that wonderful. Later, I went back to Costco, with the hope to buy some more of those heaven sent breakfast treats and they were no longer there. I figured they were seasonal. I must tell you that I have never found them again at Costco.
Every year since then, when Thanksgiving time rolls around I think of those beautiful muffins. So this year I decided to try to make them my self. I found this recipe on recipezaar.com. These aren’t as fabulous as the ones from Costco, but they help curb my craving and give me a slight sensation of what they tasted like. This will be my substitute for now. This batter is quite runny so don’t be concerned. I also fill the 12 muffin cups all the way to the brim and they worked just fine.
- BAKING POWDER
- FRESH CRANBERRIES
- GRANULATED SUGAR
- LOW-FAT MILK
- VEGETABLE OIL
- ORANGE ZEST
- MINIATURE SEMISWEET CHOCOLATE CHIPS
Chocolate Chip Cranberry Muffins
Real Mom Kitchen
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup low-fat milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, coarsely chop cranberries.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs, milk, oil, orange zest and vanilla. Stir in flour mixture, just until combined. Fold in chopped cranberries and chocolate chips. Do not over mix.
- Spoon batter into greased or lined (with paper liners) muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until puffed, golden and a tester inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack.