Fall is the time for spiced cider. Now, usually you serve spiced cider hot, but not with the chilled spiced cider punch recipe I have for you today!
This punch is one you serve chilled and is so deliciously refreshing. This apple cider gets spiced up with cinnamon and allspice. Sugar and orange juice are also added into the mix, but then the mixture is chilled. When ready to serve you add in some chilled ginger ale.
The light ginger flavor you get from the ginger ale is the perfect compliment to the spiced cider! Give this chilled spiced cider punch a try. I think you’ll enjoy this recipe all the way into the new year!
Chilled Spiced Cider Punch
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 quarts or 8 cups apple cider divided
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 12 oz can frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 quart or 4 cups chilled ginger ale
- In a sauce pan, combine the sugar with 1 cup of the apple cider along with the cinnamon and allspice. Cook over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and add in the frozen orange juice. Stir until well combined. Then add the mixture to the remaining apple cider and chill.
- Before serving combine the cider mixture with the ginger ale. Makes 3 quarts of punch or 12 servings.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home.