I know I already had apple week, but I have another apple recipe that I need to share – Apple Cake Mix Cookie Bars.
This easy cookie bar recipe all begins with a cake mix – a spice cake mix to be exact! It also incorporates those fall classic flavors of apple and caramel! These bars are just full of fall flavor.
The recipe is so simple you really need to at least give them a try.
Apple Cake Mix Cookie Bars
Real Mom Kitchen
- 1 spice cake mix
- ⅓ cup butter melted
- ⅓ cup apple cider
- 1 cup caramel apple dip sold in the produce section by the apples
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 ½ cups diced apples
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp apple cider
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl, mix together the cake mix, butter, and apple cider until combined into a soft dough. Divide the dough in have and press 1/2 into the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch baking dish. You can spray your hands with cooking spray so that the stick dough won't stick to you hands.
- Spread the caramel dip evenly over the pressed layer of dough. Then even top with walnuts, apples, and chocolate chips.
- Crumble the remaining 1/2 of the dough over the top to evenly coat.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Allow bars to cool completely.
- In a bowl, combine the icing ingredients together and drizzle over the cooled bars. Cut into 24 bars and serve.
Recipe adapted from BruCrew Life.