I absolutely love all of the soups and Olive Garden, but I usually end up order either the Zuppa Toscana or the Chicken and Gnocchi soup. Those are my top two and which one I order just depends on my mood.
Well, I already have a copy version of the Zuppa Toscana so I had to get a copycat version of the chicken and gnocchi, right? So that’s what I have for all of you today. The great thing about this recipe is you cook it in your crock pot making life a little easier.
This crock pot chicken and gnocchi soup was absolutely delicious. It does have more gnocchi that the version I get at Olive Garden, but that just makes it better in my book. I love the gnocchi and can never get enough.
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup onion, diced
- 3/4 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 (12 oz) cans evaporated milk
- 2 (1 lb) pkgs mini potato gnocchi (about 4 cups, you could do 1 pkg, but I like it with 2)
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 5 ounces fresh baby spinach
- In a slow cooker, add the chicken, onion, carrots, celery, seasonings, and broth. Stir to combine. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Once cooked, shred the chicken and return to crock pot. Mix the cornstarch with 2 Tbsp of water and at it to the pot along with the evaporated milk and gnocchi. Stir and replace cover. Cook for about 30 minutes until gnocchi is tender.
- Cook the diced bacon in a large skillet until crispy. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels. Remove most of the bacon grease out of the pan, leaving just a little bit for the spinach/garlic. Add the garlic to the skillet and saute for one minute. Add in the spinach and stir just until wilted. Remove from heat. Add the bacon and spinach to the crock pot. Stir to combine. You can add additional water if needed to make the desired consistency of the soup. Serves 8-10.
Recipe adapted from Pinch of Yum.