Chicken and rice is a classic family meal. Today’s chicken terrific recipe is a fun way to mix up that classic.
This version uses wild rice which just adds more flavor and texture. Then it gets topped off with a crunchy bread topping made from stuffing mix! Green beans are in there too so this can really be an all in one meal!
This dish is nice enough to serve company but is great comfort dish to serve your family on a regular weeknight.
- 1 (6 1/2 oz) pkg long grain and wild rice prepared according to package (I used Uncle Ben’s)
- 3 cups cook diced chicken
- 1 (2 oz) jar diced pimentos
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 3/4 oz) can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16 oz) can French green beans, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 box Chicken Stuffing mix (like Stove Top)
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the prepared long grain and wild rice, chicken, pimento, mayo, sour cream, soups, and green beans.
- Spread mixture into a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
- In another bowl, combine the stuffing with the melted butter and top the chicken rice mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until bubbly and the stuffing is golden. Serves 6-8.
Recipe adapted from Cooking with K.