I recently have been working for my local school district, so I get summer off just like the kids. Summer has just been flying by for me. I have been so busy, that I just haven’t had near enough of the time to do what I wanted to do.
Pasta salad is another one of those summer staples. This chicken apple pasta salad includes chicken, grapes, and diced apple. It is a great summer meal! It’s quick and easy giving me more time to spend doing other things.
Pasta salad is the cold way to enjoy pasta during this summer. I love the sweet you get from the grapes and the crunch and tart from the Granny Smith apples.
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
- pepper to taste
- 12 oz of cork screw pasta (I used Trottole), cooked according to pkg and rinsed with cold water
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups red grapes, cut in half
- 2 ribs of celery, diced
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, diced
- In a large owl, whisk the mayo, honey, vinegar, salt, poppy seeds and pepper together.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and toss to coat. Serves 8.