This post contains affiliate links.
I recently have been working for my local school district, so I get summer off just like the kids. Summer has just been flying by for me. I have been so busy, that I just haven’t had near enough of the time to do what I wanted to do. Pasta salad is another one of those summer staples. This chicken apple pasta salad includes chicken, grapes, celery, and diced apple. It is a great summer meal! It’s quick and easy giving me more time to spend doing other things.
Pasta salad is the cold way to enjoy pasta during this summer. I love the sweet flavor you get from the grapes. Then you have the crunch and tart flavor from the Granny Smith apples.
The dressing for this salad is super simple. Just mix together some mayonnaise, honey, white vinegar, salt, pepper, and poppy seeds. If you don’t like poppy seeds, you can just leave them out. For the pasta, the recipe calls for cork screw pasta. However, I used trottole.
- WHITE VINEGAR
- POPPY SEEDS
- CORK SCREW PASTA (I USED TROTTOLE)
- COOKED CHICKEN
- RED GRAPES
- GRANNY SMITH APPLES
Chicken Apple Pasta Salad
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
- pepper to taste
- 12 oz of cork screw pasta (I used Trottole), cooked according to pkg and rinsed with cold water
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups red grapes, cut in half
- 2 ribs of celery, diced
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, diced
- In a large bowl, whisk the mayo, honey, vinegar, salt, poppy seeds and pepper together.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and toss to coat. Serves 8.
This recipe is adapted from Mastercook.