Today’s S’mores recipe comes in granola bar form. I really enjoyed the recent recipe I posted for pb and chocolate granola bars, so why not a s’mores version? These are quick and easy and require no baking. They would be perfect to send in a school lunch or have as an after school snack. I have enjoyed summer but am so excited it is getting closer for school to start. My kiddos are to the point now that they need the structure that school provides. I am highly anticipating school to begin. Plus, that means fall will be here and it is my most favorite season of the year.Print
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup rice krispies
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Cut out an 8 x 8 inch square of parchment paper.
- Place the parchment paper in the bottom of an 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
- In a large sauce pan, add the butter, brown sugar, and honey.
- Place on the stove over medium-low heat. Stir occasionally with a large spoon until it begins to bubble.
- Once bubbling, cook for 2 minutes while stirring.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and pinch of salt followed by the oats and crispy cereal. Stir until well coated, then mix in the mini marshmallows.
- Then pour the mixture into the 8 x 8 inch dish.
- Press the mixture evenly into the dish.
- Sprinkle the mini chocolate chips over the top and gently press into the granola bars with your hands.
- Allow to cool and then cut into bars. Makes 12-16 granola bars.
Recipe adapted from Alaska from Scratch.