This post may contain affiliate links.
Today’s S’mores recipe comes in granola bar form. I really enjoyed the recent recipe I posted for pb and chocolate granola bars, so why not a s’mores version? These Chewy S’mores Granola Bars are quick and easy and require no baking.
These chewy s’mores granola bars would be perfect to send in a school lunch or have as an after school snack. I have enjoyed summer but am so excited it is getting closer for school to start. My kiddos are to the point now that they need the structure that school provides. I am highly anticipating school to begin. Plus, that means fall will be here and it is my most favorite season of the year.
- BROWN SUGAR
- QUICK OATS
- RICE KRISPIES
- MINI MARSHMALLOWS
- MINI CHOCOLATE CHIPS
Chewy S’mores Granola Bars
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup rice krispies
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Cut out an 8 x 8 inch square of parchment paper.
- Place the parchment paper in the bottom of an 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
- In a large sauce pan, add the butter, brown sugar, and honey.
- Place on the stove over medium-low heat. Stir occasionally with a large spoon until it begins to bubble.
- Once bubbling, cook for 2 minutes while stirring.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and pinch of salt followed by the oats and crispy cereal. Stir until well coated, then mix in the mini marshmallows.
- Then pour the mixture into the 8 x 8 inch dish.
- Press the mixture evenly into the dish.
- Sprinkle the mini chocolate chips over the top and gently press into the granola bars with your hands.
- Allow to cool and then cut into bars. Makes 12-16 granola bars.
Recipe adapted from Alaska from Scratch.
[…] Chewy S’mores Granola Bars on Real Mom Kitchen […]
[…] Peanut Butter Cookie S’mores Caramel S’more Crunch Mix S’more Milkshake Caramel S’more Pops Chewy S’mores Granola Bars S’more Ice Cream S’more Filled Donuts S’mores Peanut Butter Cookie Bars S’more Cupcakes […]
[…] in the Oven – Butter with a Side of Bread Chewy S’mores Granola Bars – Real Mom Kitchen Chocolate Chip S’more Bars – Jamie Cooks It Up S’more Ice Cream – Ashlee […]
[…] S’mores Caramel S’more Crunch Mix S’more Milkshake Caramel S’more Pops Chewy S’mores Granola Bars S’more Ice Cream S’more Filled Donuts S’mores Peanut Butter Cookie Bars […]
[…] Treat 2. S’mores Brownies 3. S’mores Dip 4. Easy S’mores Bars 5. Chewy S’mores Granola Bars 6. S’mores Ice Cream 7. Heavenly S’mores Pie 8. S‘mores Bars 9. No […]
They are so delicious! they keep falling apart, though.:( GREAT RECIPE:D
Oh my… these bars look like heaven.
I made these last night, and was so excited to try them. my husband was too, after dinner he was ready to dig in. I let them cool for a good 2 hours, and we went to cut into them and they fell apart. I thought maybe they just weren’t ready yet. I put them in the fridge, overnight and they still are just falling apart. I’m sad because they taste so good!
These taste AWESOME but they didn’t hold together. Any suggestions?
Keep them in the fridge.
I am very excited to try these for my 18 month old who is allergic to wheat. A great wheat free snack!