This recipe for Cheesy Southwest Chicken Sandwiches is another one that came from the Kraft Foods/ Sam’s Club dinner planner. This was a tasty sandwich that’s perfect for Summer. The recipe says to cook the chicken in a skillet on the stove top, but I elected to cook it on my outdoor grill.
I also couldn’t cook my chicken without any seasoning, so I sprinkled both sides on my chicken breasts with McCormick’s new Grill Mates Garlic and Onion Medley. It was perfect the whole family loved it. The ranch dressing along with the salsa went excellent together on this sandwich. It was also easy to prepare. The cost per serving for this recipe is $1.07, according to the planner.
- BONELESS SKINLESS CHICKEN BREAST HALVES
- KRAFT SINGLES
- HAMBURGER BUNS
- RANCH DRESSING
- LETTUCE LEAVES
Cheesy Southwest Chicken Sandwiches
Real Mom Kitchen
- 3 Tyson® boneless skinless chicken breast halves about 1½ lb., thawed, cut in half(I seasoned my chicken with McCormick's Grill Mates Garlic and Onion Medley)
- ⅓ cup salsa
- 6 KRAFT Singles
- 6 hamburger buns
- ⅓ cup ranch dressing
- 6 lettuce leaves
- HEAT skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium heat. Add chicken; cook 5 to 7 min. on each side or until done (165°F). Remove from heat. (I cooked mine on my outdoor grill)
- TOP with salsa and Singles; cover. Let stand 2 min. Meanwhile, spread bottom halves of buns with dressing.
- FILL buns with lettuce and chicken.